FR

Link to survey O regresso como emigração: o caso dos jovens adultos portugueses

Home / Highlights / 2022 / Portuguese emigration to France reaches minimum in 2020
Portuguese emigration to France reaches minimum in 2020
2022-04-05
Inês Vidigal
There were 5,998 Portuguese people who entered France in 2020, according to Eurostat data. This European institution counted a total of 283,237 entries of foreigners in France, with the Portuguese representing 2.1% of this total. +

This is the fourth consecutive year that the number of Portuguese entering France has decreased (-32.8% in 2017, -3.2% in 2018, -5% in 2019 and -21.5% in 2020), after the slight growth that had been recorded in 2016. However, the decrease of Portuguese nationals is inferior to the fall of the total number of entries into the country (-26.5%), and therefore the weight of Portuguese nationals in the total number of entries increased in 2020. Portuguese emigration to France recorded a maximum of 19,658 entries into French territory in 2012 and a minimum of 5,998 entries in 2020. In seven years, the weight of Portuguese entries in France went from 5.6% in 2013 to 2.1% in 2020.

 

 

Linkhttps://www.insee.fr/fr/statistiques; https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/data/database

 

Cite as Vidigal, Inês (2022), “Portuguese emigration to France reaches minimum in 2020", Observatório da Emigraçãohttp://observatorioemigracao.pt/np4EN/8561.html

 

[By Inês Vidigal]

Observatório da Emigração Centro de Investigação e Estudos de Sociologia
Instituto Universitário de Lisboa

Av. das Forças Armadas,
1649-026 Lisboa, Portugal

T. (+351) 210 464 322

F. (+351) 217 940 074

observatorioemigracao@iscte-iul.pt

Partners Support