Main socioeconomic indicator base of the World Bank with compiled indicators from official national and international sources.
Time period: since 1960, depending on the indicator.
Geographical scope: worldwide, 248 countries.
Main relevant indicators:
- emigration rate of tertiary educated (% of total tertiary educated population);*
- net migration
- personal remittances, paid (current US$);
- personal remittances, received (current US$);
- personal remittances, received (% of GDP).
* For more reliable data on qualified immigration, also supplied by the World Bank, see Migration Database with Age of Entry, 1900-2000: http://go.worldbank.org/5G554IF6C0